A perfect 6-0 in week six picks to run the overall record to 44-7.
Alabama 34, Vanderbilt 0 [Prediction: Alabama 34, Vanderbilt 7]
- Pre-game: “The Commodores had a week off to prepare for the Tide, but it won’t help much. If the Tide is emotionally ready after two big wins in the last two weeks, this one won’t be close.”
- Post-game: Despite a sluggish first half, the Tide cruises to a shutout win.
Arkansas 38, Auburn 14 [Prediction: Arkansas 41, Auburn 31]
- Pre-game: “This is the exact same score I picked for the South Carolina – Auburn game last week. Since I totally whiffed on that one, I thought I’d use it again. The key to this game will actually be the Hog defense. If the Hogs D can get Auburn’s offense off the field, Tyler Wilson and his receiving corps will be too much for the Tigers.”
- Post-game: The Hog defense closed the door on the Auburn running game and the Tigers had no other weapons.
LSU 41, Florida 11 [Prediction: LSU 38, Florida 10]
- Pre-game: “There’s absolutely no reason to believe the Gators can go into Baton Rouge and expect to win. The Gators will still try to get the ball to Jeff Demps and Chris Rainey in space, but will have about as much success as they had last week against Bama.”
- Post-game: Of course there was no reason to expect the Gators to win without John Brantley (or with John Brantley), but, quite frankly, Will Muschamp’s team looks pathetic.
Mississippi State 21, UAB 3 [Prediction: Mississippi State 24, UAB 6]
- Pre-game: “Here’s the state of college football in Mississippi: last week the Ole Miss Rebel Black Bears traveled to Fresno for a game and this week the Bulldogs travel to UAB for a game. Of course, the Bulldog fans living in the Birmingham metro area are happy, but still, this is embarrassing. UAB stinks; the Dogs should have no trouble with the Blazers.”
- Post-game: Perhaps the Dogs were caught looking ahead to South Carolina. Or, maybe the Dogs just aren’t a very good football team right now. They’ll have another test next week.
Georgia 20, Tennessee 12 [Prediction: Georgia 31, Tennessee 30]
- Pre-game: “It’s fish-or-cut-bait time again for Mark Richt and his Bulldogs. Although they still lose the SEC East tie-breaker with South Carolina, if they can win this game, it’s just a matter of time before they control their own destiny. This will be Dawg defensive coordinator Todd Grantham’s biggest test since the Carolina game.”
- Post-game: The Dawg’s defense passed the test with flying colors, shutting down Tyler Bray and Co.
South Carolina 54, Kentucky 3 [Prediction: South Carolina 17, Kentucky 6]
- Pre-game: “The big question is how many series will new quarterback Connor Shaw get before Steve Spurrier yanks him in favor of Stephen Garcia. The Gamecocks have turned into an enigma and need a solid showing here from Shaw to begin rebuilding the offense’s confidence.”
- Post-game: So is Steve Spurrier kicking himself for starting Connor Shaw one game too late or proclaiming himself a genius again for starting Shaw when he did?
Ole Miss – Just like Vandy, the RBBs get an off-week before taking on the Tide.