Another 5-0 week and the record stands at 54-7…
Alabama 37, Tennessee 6 [Prediction: Alabama 34, Tennessee 15]
- Pre-game: “UT is beat up and appears to be headed for a thrashing. Can they rise up and make this a game? Probably not. If the Tide keeps focused on the Vols (and not LSU), this one shouldn’t be close.”
- Post-game: After a slow start, this one turned out about like everyone expected.
Arkansas 29, Ole Miss 24 [Prediction: Arkansas 56, Ole Miss 17]
- Pre-game: “The Hogs are rested after a bye week and should roll against the RBBs.”
- Post-game: Arkansas dug their typical hole, but was able to crawl out of it. The Hogs didn’t look especially crisp after a bye week.
LSU 45, Auburn 10 [Prediction: LSU 31, Auburn 17]
- Pre-game: “Will the Bengal Tigers be caught looking ahead to Bama? How bad will they miss their suspended players? Can Auburn take a brand new starter into Tiger Stadium and expect a win? Lots of questions in this game, but expect the answer to be a big LSU win.”
- Post-game: This one could’ve been much worse.
Vandy 44, Army 21 [Prediction: Vandy 17, Army 16]
- Pre-game: “James Franklin has his troops fired up to take on Army. If the Dores want to bowl this year, this game is a must.”
- Post-game: Vandy’s bowl hope remain alive.
Kentucky 38, Jacksonville State 14 [Prediction: Kentucky 7, Jacksonville State 6]
- Pre-game: “I can’t imagine there being a worse game in the country this week.”
- Post-game: The Cats could probably contend in the OVC.