A 3-2 Week 10 Drops the record to 62-9…
LSU 9, Alabama 6 [Prediction: Alabama 23, LSU 20]
- Pre-game: “In the pre-season, I picked LSU to win this game simply because I wasn’t sure what kind of quarterback play Alabama would get. AJ McCarron has taken over nicely for the Tide and if he can keep from turning the ball over I think the Tide can pull out a win. This game has been analyzed every way under the sun, but as Coach Bryant used to say, it’s the same old things that win and lose ball games. Turnovers, big plays and the line of scrimmage. Whoever performs the best in those areas can win the game.”
- Post-game: More on this later.
Arkansas 44, South Carolina 28 [Prediction: Arkansas 28, South Carolina 27]
- Pre-game: “To put it simply, Arkansas has underwhelmed us this year. Despite being 7-1 on the year, the Hogs haven’t seemed to hit their stride just yet. The Gamecocks also sport a 7-1 record so far and have also underwhelmed so far. I think the Hogs have just enough offense to squeak by for one more week.”
- Post-game: Could the Gamecocks be hitting their stride? Tide fans hope so.
Kentucky 30, Ole Miss 13 [Prediction: Ole Miss 21, Kentucky 20]
- Pre-game: “This game is almost as bad as the Bama – LSU game is good. The Rebel Black Bears and Wildcats will meet in Lexington, but very few people care. The RBBs haven’t finished games well this year, but should have just enough in the tank to pull out a win.”
- Post-game: Well, at least we now know which team is the worst in the SEC.
Mississippi State 55, Tennessee-Martin 17 [Prediction: Mississippi State 40, Tennessee-Martin 14]
- Pre-game: “The Bulldogs begin their bowl push with an easy win over the Skyhawks.”
- Post-game: One more win and the Doggies are bowl eligible.
Florida 26, Vanderbilt 21 [Prediction: Florida 30, Vanderbilt 27]
- Pre-game: “Both teams’ bowl hopes are on this line in this battle of two teams headed i opposite directions. I’m not sure why I picked the Gators other than I don’t see the Dores winning in Gainesville.”
- Post-game: The Gators can now go bowling with a win over Furman. The Dores need two wins in their final two games (Kentucky, Tennessee, Wake Forest).
Georgia 63, New Mexico State 16 [Prediction: Georgia 55, New Mexico State 0]
- Pre-game: “The Dawgs may have to play five wide the whole game because they have no running backs.”
- Post-game: Yawn.
Tennessee 24, Middle Tennessee State 0 [Prediction: Tennessee 42, Middle Tennessee State 14]
- Pre-game: “The Vols get back on the winning track with a win over the Blue Raiders.”
- Post-game: Shutouts are good no matter who the opponent is. The Vols improve to 4-5 and also need two wins out of the next three in order to bowl (Arkansas, Vanderbilt, Kentucky).
Auburn – The Tigers have an off week before their annual rivalry game with Georgia.