A 6-1 week to push the record to 68-10…
Alabama 24, Mississippi State 7 [Prediction: Alabama 28, Mississippi State 10]
- Pre-game: “Yes, Alabama does have a game this weekend. The Tide still has to travel to Starkville this weekend despite losing last week to LSU. This game’s either feast or famine. If the Tide can refocus post-LSU, this won’t be much of a game. If not, eh, it could be tough sledding.”
- Post-game: Feast. Bama sacks MSU five times and holds the Dogs to 131 total yards.
Arkansas 49, Tennessee 7 [Prediction: Arkansas 49, Tennessee 17]
- Pre-game: “After winning last week’s top 10 clash with South Carolina, don’t expect a letdown from the Hogs. Petrino’s squad is on the verge of a special season and may be peaking at just the right time. Derek Dooley’s squad, on the other hand, is fighting to become bowl-eligible. After the Vols lose to the Hogs, all margin for error will be gone.”
- Post-game: The Hogs are hitting their stride and the Vols have no room for error left.
Georgia 45, Auburn 7 [Prediction: Georgia 35, Auburn 24]
- Pre-game: “Georgia fans have worried all weak about a letdown following their move into first place in the SEC East. They need not worry. Payback should be enough motivation for this week.”
- Post-game: Payback delivered.
LSU 42, Western Kentucky 9 [Prediction: LSU 59, Western Kentucky 3]
- Pre-game: “The Tigers picked the perfect opponent for their first game post-Bama.”
- Post-game: The Hilltoppers score more against the Tigers than Bama.
Louisiana Tech 27, Ole Miss 7 [Prediction: Ole Miss 14, Louisiana Tech 13]
- Pre-game: “Will the Rebel Black Bears win won for the Nuttster or will the Former Fightin’ Dooley’s knock off another SEC team? The RBBs should have enough in the tank for this one.”
- Post-game: Tank.
South Carolina 17, Florida 12 [Prediction: South Carolina 17, Florida 16]
- Pre-game: “The Gamecocks still have a chance in the SEC East if they can win this game and if Auburn can pull the upset in Athens. The USC defense should be just good enough to pull this one out.”
- Post-game: Florida is now 5-5.
Vanderbilt 38, Kentucky 8 [Prediction: Vanderbilt 24, Kentucky 20]
- Pre-game: “The winner of this game of this game moves one big step closer to bowl eligibility. Give the edge to the Dores because the game’s in Nashville.”
- Post-game: Well, Kentucky, at least you’re not Ole Miss.