A perfect 8-0 week to take the overall record so far to 76-10…
Alabama 45, Georgia Southern 21 [Prediction: Alabama 48, Georgia Southern 14]
- Pre-game: “Yes this prediction includes two touchdowns by the Eagles. I’m guessing the Bama scrubs give up a score or two.”
- Post-game: Er, a well, the regulars gave up two scores and the special teams allowed a kickoff return for a touchdown. Other than that, a win is a win.
Arkansas 44, Mississippi State 17 [Prediction: Arkansas 52, Mississippi State 24]
- Pre-game: “Thankfully for the Dogs, they still have the Egg Bowl against Ole Miss in their attempt to get bowl eligible. The Hogs are clicking and should take this one easy.”
- Post-game: Don’t look now, but Bobby Petrino’s Hogs are in the national championship hunt.
Auburn 35, Samford 16 [Prediction: Auburn 42, Samford 24]
- Pre-game: “The Tigers pick up their seventh win with ease.”
- Post-game: Not exactly with ease, but the Tigers pick up their seventh win.
LSU 52, Ole Miss 3 [Prediction: LSU 49, Ole Miss 10]
- Pre-game: “The only question in this game is if the Tigers hammer the RBBs worse than Bama did.”
- Post-game: This could’ve been much worse.
Florida 54, Furman 32 [Prediction: Florida 45, Furman 10]
- Pre-game: “The Gator offense finally finds its match in the Paladins.”
- Post-game: Turns out the defense found it’s “match,” too.
Georgia 19, Kentucky 10 [Prediction: Georgia 42, Kentucky 7]
- Pre-game: “There’s no reason why the Dawgs shouldn’t roll big in this one.”
- Post-game: The Dawgs didn’t exactly roll, but they did punch their ticket to Atlanta.
South Carolina 41, The Citadel 20 [Prediction: South Carolina 35, The Citadel 3]
- Pre-game: “An easy one for the Gamecocks as they tune up for Clemson.”
- Post-game: A great season for the Gamecocks won’t include a return trip to Atlanta.
Tennessee 27, Vanderbilt 21 [Prediction: Tennessee 24, Vanderbilt 23]
- Pre-game: “Both of these in-state rivals are battling for bowl eligibility. Thankfully for the Dores, they will still have one more game left to try.”
- Post-game: Instead of throwing out the record book in this intrastate rivalry, the rule book got thrown out.