Alabama 42, Auburn 14 [Prediction: Alabama 28, Auburn 10]
- Pre-game: “It’s the Iron Bowl, but Bama has the better team, more at stake and most of all PAYBACK!”
- Post-game: Paid back.
LSU 41, Arkansas 17 [Prediction: Arkansas 28, LSU 27]
- Pre-game: “I’m not late to the band wagon – I predicted a Hogs win all the way back in the pre-season. I’d be a much easier path for the Tide if the Tigers win – and I hope they do – but Arkansas is peaking at the right time, always plays LSU well and I think the emotional week they’ve had will galvanize this team to win. This has to most certainly be the toughest week of Bobby Petrino’s coaching career.”
- Post-game: I went with both my gut and my pre-season prediction. I was wrong on both counts.
Mississippi State 31, Ole Miss 3 [Prediction: Mississippi State 35, Ole Miss 3]
- Pre-game: ” The Bulldogs head into the Egg Bowl in search of a bowl berth. The RBBs head into the Egg Bowl looking for the flush handle for this season.”
- Post-game: The RBBs found the flush handle and the Bulldogs found a bowl game.
Florida State 21, Florida 7 [Prediction: Florida State 28, Florida 24]
- Pre-game: “This is one tough game to pick. I’ll go with my pre-season pick – the Noles.”
- Post-game: One. Ugly. Game.
Georgia 31, Georgia Tech 17 [Prediction: Georgia 35, Georgia Tech 17]
- Pre-game: “Tech hopes the Dawgs come into this game with their eyes on the SEC championship game. I don’t think that will happen.”
- Post-game: The Dawgs win their 10th in a row.
Kentucky 10, Tennessee 7 [Prediction: Tennessee 34, Kentucky 14]
- Pre-game: “Thankfully for the Vols, the Wildcats are all that stand between them and bowl eligibility.”
- Post-game: Matt Roark becomes a folk hero for Kentucky and the Vols head home for the holidays and a long winter.
South Carolina 34, Clemson 13 [Prediction: Clemson 24, South Carolina 17]
- Pre-game: “Clemson stunk it up last week against North Carolina State last week, but for some reason I’m picking them.”
- Post-game: Just Clemson being Clemson. Steve Spurrier leads the Gamecocks to a 10 win season. Those are special in Columbia.
Vanderbilt 41, Wake Forest 7 [Prediction: Vanderbilt 17, Wake Forest 16]
- Pre-game: ” The Dores are also fighting for bowl eligibility under first year coach James Franklin.”
- Post-game: The Dores are going bowling.