Yesterday, we took a look at the toughest three game stretches for the SEC West, so today we take a look at the East.
Here we go from hardest to easiest:
1) South Carolina Gamecocks – 10/6 Georgia, 10/13 @ LSU, 10/20 @ Florida.
By far, is the toughest stretch of any of the SEC contenders. If you want to make Gamecock fans even more paranoid, throw in games against Missouri (home) and Kentucky (away) before the stretch and Tennessee after, and, voila.
2) Florida Gators – 10/6 LSU, 10/13 @ Vanderbilt, 10/20 South Carolina (10/27 Georgia, 11/3 Missouri).
The Gators lost to LSU and USC last year and probably should have lost to Vandy. This year, this stretch is also followed by games against Georgia and Missouri. That’s a tough five game run for the Gators.
3) Kentucky Wildcats – 9/22 @ Florida, 9/29 South Carolina, 10/6 Mississippi State.
The Cats follow this stretch with a visit to Arkansas and hosting Georgia for homecoming for their own rough five game stretch, but after MSU, the Cats season will be sunk.
4) Tennessee Volunteers – 10/13 @ Mississippi State, 10/20 Alabama, 10/27 @ South Carolina.
It’s supposedly a make-or-break season for Derek Dooley, but games against the Tide and Gamecocks probably won’t factor into his future – unless he can pull an upset in either. He can get to seven wins without beating Alabama or USC and a win over either may save his bacon.
5) Missouri Tigers – 9/8 Georgia, 9/15 Arizona State, 9/22 @ South Carolina.
The Tigers’ first season in the SEC won’t be easy, but at least their schedule is somewhat favorably spread out. Phil Steele picks the Sun Devils 5th in the six team Pac 12 South, so that game is winnable, but the Dawgs and the Gamecocks will be a load.
6) Georgia Bulldogs – 9/22 Vanderbilt, 9/29 Tennessee, 10/6 @ South Carolina.
The Dawgs also have another tough three game stretch against Florida (Jacksonville), Mississippi (home) and Auburn (away), but the game against the Rebel Black Bears swung my decision to the games listed above.
UGA should be favorites against Vandy and UT, but the Commodores are on the rise and the Vols could be better than many think.
7) Vanderbilt Commodores – 10/6 @ Missouri, 10/13 Florida, 10/20 Auburn.
Mizzou vs. Vandy is a toss up in my opinion and the Dores almost upset the Gators last year. A win over Auburn in Auburn will be difficult, but all-in-all, if this is the Dore’s toughest stretch, that’s not too bad.