For some reason my week 2 picks didn’t post on Friday so you’ll have to trust me here…
A 9-2 week for a 20-3 overall mark after two weeks…
Alabama 35, Western Kentucky 0 [Prediction: Alabama 40, Western Kentucky 7]
- Pre-game: “The Tide sometimes struggles following a big non-conference week one win. Nick Saban is doing everything he can to keep that from happening this week.”
- Post-game: The Tide didn’t struggle with the Hilltoppers, but there’s plenty for Nick Saban and co. to work on this week.
Louisiana- Monroe 34, Arkansas 31 [Prediction: Arkansas 49, Louisiana-Monroe 10]
- Pre-game: “The Razorbacks weren’t pleased with how they played against Jacksonville State last week and look to build momentum heading into the Bama game.”
- Post-game: Ouch. Losing to La.-Monroe and losing Tyler Wilson to injury in the same night.
Ole Miss 28, UTEP 10 [Prediction: Ole Miss 24, UTEP 20]
- Pre-game: “I’m sure the Miners threw a scare into the RBBs after playing Oklahoma close. This one wont be easy, but Hugh Freeze and the gang will pull out a close one.”
- Post-game: The RBBs post a respectable win over the Miners.
Kentucky 47, Kent State 14 [Prediction: Kentucky 28, Kent State 17]
- Pre-game: “Joker Phillips needs a win and he’ll get one against the Golden Flashes.”
- Post-game: A good win for the Wildcats after stinking up week one.
South Carolina 48, East Carolina 10 [Prediction: South Carolina 24, East Carolina 13]
- Pre-game: “The injury to Connor Shaw makes this one closer than it otherwise would be.”
- Post-game: Well, not really. Backup Dylan Thompson passes for 330 yards in the win.
Tennessee 51, Georgia State 13 [Prediction: Tennessee 52, Georgia State 7]
- Pre-game: “The Vols build some momentum with a thrashing of Bill Curry’s Panthers.”
- Post-game: Tyler Bray has another big game as the Vols roll.
Northwestern 23, Vanderbilt 13 [Prediction: Vanderbilt 24, Northwestern 23]
- Pre-game: “The Wildcats gave up almost 600 yards in a win on the road against Syracuse. Out-of-conference wins are a must for Vandy’s bowl hopes, so this is a must win.”
- Post-game: This one could come back to bite Vandy later in the year when bowl invites are handed out.
Mississippi State 28, Auburn 10 [Prediction: Mississippi State 30, Auburn 27]
- Pre-game: “Usually, whatever can go wrong will go wrong for Dan Mullen in games like this. Tyler Russell will need a solid game for the Bulldogs to pull this one out.”
- Post-game: How did I ever think Auburn could score 27 points? Nine field goals?
LSU 41, Washington 3 [Prediction: LSU 45, Washington 17]
- Pre-game: “This is a nice test for the Tigers and they should pass easily.”
- Post-game: The Tigers made this one look easy.
Florida 20, Texas A&M 17 [Prediction: Florida 17, Texas A&M 16]
- Pre-game: “The Aggies home SEC opener gets spoiled by a visit from the Gators.”
- Post-game: The Aggies were happy just to be there.
Georgia 41, Missouri 20 [Prediction: Georgia 30, Missouri 17]
- Pre-game: “The Mizzou fans will be primed and ready for a visit from the Dawgs, but Georgia will be too strong for the home Tigers.”
- Post-game: The Dawgs flex their muscles late to steamroll Mizzou.