Here’s the TideBits SEC Power Poll after two weeks:
1a) LSU (2-0) (last week: 2) – The Tigers manhandled Washington and moved up a spot in the polls, but are going about their business very quietly.
3) Georgia (2-0) (no change) – The Dawgs smashed Missouri – on the road – and after two weeks look like the team to beat in the East.
4) South Carolina (2-0) (last week: 5) – No Connor Shaw? No problem for the Gamecocks as they handily beat East Carolina.
5) Tennessee (2-0) (last week: 6) – The Vols think they have a legitimate shot against Florida this week.
6) Florida (2-0) (last week: 7) – The Gators passed their first early season test with a win at Texas A&M. Now, on to Knoxville.
7) Mississippi State (2-0) (last week: 10) – Don’t look now, but the Doggies could be making a move in the West.
8) Missouri (1-1) (no change) – The Tigers faded in the second half against Georgia, but it wasn’t a horrible showing for the SEC newcomer.
9) Texas A&M (0-1) (no change) – Aggie fans seem somewhat pleased with the “moral victory” last week against Florida. We’ll see how long that lasts.
10) Arkansas (1-1) (last week: 4) – Where or where to put the Razorbacks in this poll? How about here.
11) Ole Miss (2-0) (last week: 14) – This rise in the Power Poll won’t last long.
12) Kentucky (1-1) (last week: 13) – Will Western Kentucky stem the Wildcats’ rise in the Poll?
13) Auburn (0-2) (last week: 11) – Look who plays the Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks this week.
14) Vanderbilt (0-2) (last week: 12) – Lose to a Big 10 team and find yourself at the bottom of the Poll.