Kind of a mediocre week with a 9-3 record. For the year we’re on a 29-6…
LSU 63, Idaho 14 [Prediction: LSU 56, Idaho 0]
- Pre-game: “The Vandals are a very bad football team (0-2) and the Tigers are very good. You do the math.”
- Post-game: I almost wrote the pre-season is over for LSU, but then I remembered they play Auburn next week.
Mississippi State 30, Troy 24 [Prediction: Mississippi State 27, Troy 14]
- Pre-game: “This is one of four SEC vs. Sun Belt match-ups this week and the only one involving the SEC school going on the road. The Bulldogs should have a hangover after beating Auburn. Hopefully, it won’t be bad enough to spoil the Dogs’ fun.”
- Post-game: The party continues for the Dogs with a win over the Trojans.
Texas A&M 48, SMU 3, [Prediction: Texas A&M 42, SMU 30]
- Pre-game: “Will the Aggies have a hangover from their moral victory over Florida? The Mustangs were blasted by Baylor in their opener and then blasted S.F. Austin. This one should be somewhere in the middle.”
- Post-game: Seemed like old times for Kevin Sumlin with his team beating up on the Mustangs.
Georgia 56, Florida Atlantic 20 [Prediction: Georgia 49, Florida Atlantic 10]
- Pre-game: “The Owls have a heckuva two-week stretch: Saturday at Athens and the following Saturday against Bama. Neither trip should work out well.”
- Post-game: Next up for the Dawgs, Vandy.
Vanderbilt 58, Presbyterian 0 [Prediction: Vanderbilt 45, Presbyterian 0]
- Pre-game: “Know what the nickname is Presbyterian, a private school located in Clinton, S.C.? The Blue Hose. I kid you not. Well, this Saturday, the Presbyterian Blue Hose will get flushed by Vandy, a private school located in Nashville, Tenn.”
- Post-game: The Blue Hose fall hard.
South Carolina 49, UAB 9 [Prediction: South Carolina 38, UAB 9]
- Pre-game: “Conner Shaw appears set to be held out of action again, but that shouldn’t matter for the Gamecocks.”
- Post-game: I’ll be this was a fun game to watch.
Western Kentucky 32, Kentucky 31 [Prediction: Kentucky 14, Western Kentucky 13]
- Pre-game: “I will not be shocked if the Hilltoppers win this game, however, I absolutely cannot pick two Sun Belt Conference teams to upset SEC teams this weekend.”
- Post-game: Kentucky football continues it’s slide into obscurity.
Auburn 31, Louisiana-Monroe 28 [Prediction: Louisiana – Monroe 20, Auburn 19]
- Pre-game: “I can, however, pick one. ULM looked too well coached and the prospect of knocking off two SEC West teams in a row should be enough to keep the Warhawks fired up. This isn’t a bandwagon pick. Auburn will have to make some serious strides in all phases of the game to win on Saturday.”
- Post-game: A wins a win, right?
Missouri 24, Arizona State 20 [Prediction: Missouri 30, Arizona State 27]
- Pre-game: “Todd Graham’s Sun Devils (2-0) are rolling so far this season. Last week, they dismantled Illinois, and a supposedly tough Illini defense, 45-14. The Tigers got shellacked by Georgia in the second half of last week’s SEC home opener. Can the Tigers rebound in this tough out-of-conference home game? I’m betting Gary Pinkel will have his gang ready.”
- Post-game: The Tigers hang on to win a close one.
Texas 66, Ole Miss 31 [Prediction: Texas 34, Ole Miss 13]
- Pre-game: “Is 2-0 Ole Miss for real? No, no they are not. The Longhorns will have an easy visit to Oxford, Miss.”
- Post-game: The Rebel Black Bears are as bad as we thought they would be.
Florida 37, Florida 20 [Prediction: Tennessee 27, Florida 26]
- Pre-game: “It’s good to see this game competitive again, I guess.”
- Post-game: Hey Tennessee, psych.
Alabama 52, Arkansas 0 [Prediction: Alabama 31, Arkansas 17]
- Pre-game: “For the record: a) I do not think Tyler Wilson will play; b) the Razorbacks aren’t as bad as they looked against ULM. The Hogs will play better, but the Tide should hang on for win number three.”
- Post-game: Whoa, pigs, stunk.