A stellar 9-1 week to push the overall record to 38-7…
Alabama 40, Florida Atlantic 7 [Prediction: Alabama 48, Florida Atlantic 7]
- Pre-game: “Two questions for this game: 1) Will Alabama post a third consecutive shutout; and 2) How much will the youngsters get to play?”
- Post-game: This could have been oh so much uglier. No, there was no third shutout, but the youngsters did get to play quite a bit.
Rutgers 35, Arkansas 26 [Prediction: Arkansas 38, Rutgers 33]
- Pre-game: “Tyler Wilson is back and the Arkansas offense should be too. Rutgers is 3-0 and won’t be an easy win, but it’s do-or-die time for the Hogs.”
- Post-game: Not even Cobi Hamilton’s 303 yards receiving could stop the Hog slaughter. Things get uglier from here.
LSU 12, Auburn 10 [Prediction: LSU 38, Auburn 6]
- Pre-game: “This game will be a measuring stick for Auburn and the results won’t be pretty.”
- Post-game: In terms of moral victories, I guess this one feels good for Auburn.
Ole Miss 39, Tulane 0 [Prediction: Ole Miss 17, Tulane 16]
- Pre-game: “An SEC rivalry from yesteryear renews, but, unfortunately, both teams are horrible. Hugh Freeze’s gang do just enough to ease past the Green Wave.”
- Post-game: If by “do just enough” I meant 39-0, then I guess I was right on.
Mississippi State 30, South Alabama 10 [Prediction: Mississippi State 38, South Alabama 24]
- Pre-game: “State continues its roll through the Sun Belt by skinning the Jaguars. If the Sun Belt expands again, the Dogs may want to give it a shot.”
- Post-game: State stays on pace for the Sun Belt conference lead.
Texas A&M 70, South Carolina State 14 [Prediction: Texas A&M 56, South Carolina State 3]
- Pre-game: “The Aggies continue their feel good streak by hammering the out-manned Bulldogs. SCSU lost 56-0 to Arizona last week, but will do near anything for money.”
- Post-game: Nice work, Aggies. You beat a MEAC team by 56.
Florida 38, Kentucky 0 [Prediction: Florida 49, Kentucky 0]
- Pre-game: “Some things never change.”
- Post-game: Some things never change.
Georgia 48, Vanderbilt 3 [Prediction: Georgia 37, Vanderbilt 21]
- Pre-game: “The Dawgs look to hand a little payback to the Dores. They should do so with ease.”
- P0st-game: Mission accomplished.
South Carolina 31, Missouri 10 [Prediction: South Carolina 21, Missouri 17]
- Pre-game: “The Gamecocks do just enough to squeak by the Tigers in the Battle of the Columbias.”
- Post-game: Gamecock QB Connor Shaw completes his last 20 passes in this win.
Tennessee 47, Akron 26 [Prediction: Tennessee 56, Akron 17]
- Pre-game: “The Vols can name their score in this one.”
- Post-game: Not exactly name-your-score fashion, but the Vols will take it.