* I know, I know, I know, it was Rice and they were down a few starters, but Texas A&M allowed 509 yards against the Owls on 88 plays.
* The Tide allowed 212 yards to an atrocious Virginia Tech offense.
* On the flip side, ‘Bama is dead last in offense after tallying 206 yards against the Hokies on 62 plays.
* It was only against Murray State, but Missouri totaled almost 700 yards. If James Franklin can stay healthy this year, the Tigers could spell trouble for some.
* Georgia, meanwhile, rolled up 545 yards in a losing effort against Clemson. Aaron Murray averaged a phenomenal 11.1 yards per passing attempt while throwing for 323 yards. What else can a guy do?
* Auburn seems to have upgraded their squirrel-back this year. Alabama transfer Corey Grant ran for 146 yards on only 9 carries in their win.
* Alabama’s six kickoffs against Virginia Tech netted zero touchbacks. On the other hand, it was fun to see Landon Collins cleaning up on special teams.