An 11-1 week two bringing the tally so far to 23-2…
Missouri 38, Toledo 23 [Prediction: Missouri 42 Toledo 17]
- Pre-game: “Toledo will get beaten by an SEC for the second straight week.”
- Post-game: The Rockets out-gained Missouri 387-384.
Tennessee 52, Western Kentucky 20 [Prediction: Tennessee 31 Western Kentucky 27]
- Pre-game: “The Hilltoppers aren’t a bad team and will be fired up to knock off a second SEC team in a row. The Vols are a lot better than Kentucky, though and should ease past Western with a win.”
- Post-game: The Vols have a good shot to go undefeated this year – if all of their opponents turn the ball over seven teams each.
Vanderbilt 38, Austin Peay 3 [Prediction: Vanderbilt 38 Austin Peay 10]
- Pre-game: “Like Toledo and Western Kentucky, the Governors play an SEC school for the second straight week. Like Toledo, they’ll be 0-2 after they play.”
- Post-game: Yawn.
Arkansas 31, Samford 21 [Prediction: Arkansas 44 Samford 13]
- Pre-game: “The Bulldogs, fresh off of a win at Georgia State, will have their hands full with Arkansas. The Razorbacks should win their second straight under Bret Beilema.”
- Post-game: An ugly, ugly win by the Hogs.
Auburn 38, Arkansas State 9 [Prediction: Auburn 38 Arkansas State 21]
- Pre-game: “Gus Malzahn faces off against his former team. The Tigers will win their second straight, but it won’t be easy.”
- Post-game: Auburn runs for 301 yards against the Red Wolves as they win their second straight.
LSU 56, UAB 17 [Prediction: LSU 45 UAB 10]
- Pre-game: “The Blazers upset LSU during their visit to Red Stick. It won’t be close this time.”
- Post-game: Yawn, again.
Mississippi State 51, Alcorn State 7 [Prediction: Mississippi State 47 Alcorn State 3]
- Pre-game: “The Bulldogs should breeze past the Braves.”
- Post-game: Yawn, for the third time.
Ole Miss 31, Southeast Missouri State 13 [Prediction: Ole Miss 51 Southeast Missouri State 6]
- Pre-game: “Ole Miss rolls easy in this tune up for Texas.”
- Post-game: Yawn, times four.
Texas A&M 65, Sam Houston State 28 [Prediction: Texas A&M 63 Sam Houston State 3}
- Pre-game: “Johnny Football and the Aggies can name their score in this stat-padder.”
- Post-game: Consider the Aggies fully tuned up for their clash with ‘Bama.
Miami 21, Florida 16 [Prediction: Florida 27 Miami 14]
- Pre-game: “The Gators may not shine on offense, but they should have enough defense to throttle the Hurricanes.”
- Post-game: Florida handed this game away via turnovers.
Georgia 41, South Carolina 30 [Prediction: Georgia 31 South Carolina 24]
- Pre-game: “Georgia’s season is on the line as they host the Gamecocks. This week, playing at home should make the difference.”
- Post-game: The Dawgs’ season is back on track.
[I forgot to include the Kentucky prediction. I kind of feel bad about that since it will be one of the two or three games they win this year.]