14 Thoughts is the Tidebits version of a PowerPoll…
14. Kentucky (previous 14) – Despite a 41-7 win over Miami of Ohio, the ‘Cats still reside in the cellar of the SEC.
13. Arkansas (10)- Struggling to a win over Samford is no way to inspire confidence in your football program, but clearly indicates the steep climb in front of Bret Bielema.
12. Mississippi State (13) – The Dogs fall one spot to 13 despite their lopsided win over Alcorn State. Next week’s game against Auburn will be a great way to tell the direction of this program.
11. Auburn (12) – The Tigers did what they were supposed to do and beat an out-manned Arkansas State team. For those thinking Auburn can win eight games, the next one against Mississippi State is huge.
10. Vanderbilt (11) -There’s not a lot of difference in the SEC between teams seven and 11. The Dores travel to South Carolina this week and try to make that leap to the next tier of SEC teams.
9. Ole Miss (7) – The Rebels travel to Austin this week to play Texas and could very well win this match-up.
8. Missouri – (8) – The Tigers didn’t struggle offensively against Toledo as much as Florida did, but the jury is still out on this team. The Tigers could be 5-0 (and this year’s version of Mississippi State) heading into game six against Georgia.
7. Tennessee (9) – The Vols visit Oregon this week. Gulp.
6. Florida (6) – It’s year three of the Will Muschamp era and the Gators still have problems on offense.
5. South Carolina (4) – The Gamecock defense stinks and someone is whining.
4. Texas A&M (5) – This time next week, the Aggies could top this list.
3. LSU (2) – The Tigers think they’ve found a passing attack under offensive coordinator under Cam Cameron.
2. Georgia (3) – The Dawgs have an off week and then face North Texas before hosting LSU. Despite losing the opener to Clemson, UGA is very much in the national title hunt.
1. Alabama (1) – Well, the Tide has been waiting for the Aggies since last year’s heartbreaking loss and we’ll finally see what Nick Saban has cooked up for Johnny Football.