14 Thoughts is the Tidebits version of a PowerPoll…
14. Kentucky (previous 14) – The ‘Cats have a week off then face Florida, South Carolina and then ‘Bama. Gulp
13. Mississippi State (12) – The Bulldogs, once again, found a way to lose to Auburn. Any momentum the Dogs had in last couple of years is totally gone.
12. Vanderbilt (10) – Vandy faces UMass, UAB and Missouri over the next three weeks. They need to sweep these three to make a bowl.
11. Tennessee (7) – Maybe Butch Jones can find some motivational points in their 59-14 beat down by Oregon to get the Vols ready for a trip to the Swamp.
10. Auburn (11) – Remember, Auburn, it was only Mississippi State. The varsity schedule starts this week against LSU.
9. Arkansas (13)- The Hogs beat one of the worst teams in the country, Southern Miss, but didn’t struggle as they did last week against Samford.
8. Missouri – (8) – The Tigers didn’t struggle offensively against Toledo as much as Florida did, but the jury is still out on this team. The Tigers could be 5-0 (and this year’s version of Mississippi State) heading into game six against Georgia.
7. Florida (6) – The Gators’ offense needs to come alive. The Vols in the Swamp may be the jump start they need.
6. Ole Miss (9) – Going to Austin and beating Texas was a huge win for Hugh Freeze. The Black Bears now have a week off before facing Alabama.
5. South Carolina (5) – The Gamecock are back on track after beating Vandy.
4. LSU (4) – Will the Tigers go after Auburn with the new and improved Cam Cameron passing attack or maul them with the run? Or both?
3. Georgia (2) – North Texas is up this week for the Dawgs and then LSU awaits.
2. Texas A&M (4) – With Johnny Manziel and Mike Evans, it may not matter how bad the Aggie defense is.
1. Alabama (1) – Well, the Tide has been waiting for the Aggies since last year’s heartbreaking loss and we’ll finally see what Nick Saban has cooked up for Johnny Football.