* First, the shock and awe: So far, ‘Bama ranks 10th in the league in yards allowed per game (420.0) and 11th in points per game (26.0). Meanwhile, Arkansas is riding a sugar high from their cupcake feast and is averaging 12.7 points allowed per game after three games. Florida is tops in yards allowed per game with an impressive 208.5.
* Through two games this year, the Tide hasn’t attempted a field goal.
* Cody Mandell has punted 12 times for an incredible 48.08 average.
* Despite a slow start, South Carolina’s Jadeveon Clowney is tied for third in the league with 2.0 sacks.
* Last week Tide coach Nick Saban noted that Texas A&M’s offense may be the best in the history of college football. That’s probably not the case – there have even been a few teams in recent years with better numbers, but the Aggie offense is still very, very good. So far this year, the Ags are averaging 609.3 yards per game and scoring an average of 53.0.
* Still tracking plays per game? Mississippi (238), Mississippi State (235) and Texas A&M (224) lead the pack after three games. The Tide has run 128 through two games.
* Keep an eye on the Arkansas running game as the Hogs finish their out of conference games this week against Rutgers. Alex Collins (139.33) and Jonathan Williams (131.00) are second and third, respectively, in rushing yards per game through three games.
[All of the above statistics are from cfbstats.com]