Week 4 came in at 8-1 for a four week total of 39-3…
1) Florida 31 Tennessee 17 [Prediction: Florida 31 Tennessee 17]
- Pre-game: “Florida has dominated this rivalry for a while now and the dominance will continue one more year.”
- Post-game: Wow. This one was right on the money. The Gators lose Jeff Driskell, but I’m betting the offense doesn’t suffer.
2) Georgia 45 North Texas 21 [Prediction: Georgia 63 North Texas 10]
- Pre-game: “The Dawgs win big in this tune up before LSU.”
- Post-game: This one was tied at 21 in the second half before UGA pulled away. Maybe one of the teams was looking ahead to LSU.
3) Missouri 45 Indiana 28 [Prediction: Missouri 35 Indiana 34]
- Pre-game: “Had Missou joined the Big 10, we could have seen this matchup on a regular basis. (Yawn) Both teams have put up big numbers against weak opponents. The Tigers should be the better team, even on the road.”
- Post-game: The Tigers come from behind and win going away.
4) Vanderbilt 24 UMass 7 [Prediction: Vanderbilt 42 UMass 13]
- Pre-game: “UMass is a really bad football team and the Dores should dominate.”
- Post-game: The Dores go on the road and struggle against a very bad football team, but win.
5) Alabama 31 Colorado State 6 [Prediction: Alabama 45 Colorado State 14]
- Pre-game: “In his second year, Jim McElwain hasn’t done much to restore the Rams. If Alabama isn’t in a funk following their big win over Texas A&M, this one should be over early.”
- Post-game: The Tide plays down to the level of competition – again.
6) Rutgers 28 Arkansas 24 [Prediction: Arkansas 21 Rutgers 20]
- Pre-game: “Between them these teams have played six teams, five of which are nobodies. The Hogs aren’t very good – yet – but have the kind of game plan to win on the road.”
- Post-game: Two fourth quarter touchdowns sink the Hawgs.
7) LSU 35 Auburn 21 [Prediction: LSU 31 Auburn 17]
- Pre-game: “Auburn fans think they are back and can compete with the likes of LSU. They are wrong. This time last year, Auburn fans were crowing about their moral victory over LSU. They won’t even get that this year.”
- Post-game: LSU has been added again to the national title talk after beating Auburn. The question is, though, how good is Auburn?
8) Mississippi State 62 Troy 7 [Prediction: Mississippi State 31 Troy 30]
- Pre-game: “This is a dangerous spot for the Dogs. They are the better team, but can definitely lose this game if they aren’t ready to play. It’s not to early for the Bullies to start counting wins for a bowl game. They need this one.”
- Post-game: This one surprised me.
9) Texas A&M 42 SMU 13 [Prediction: Texas A&M 63 SMU 27]
- Pre-game: “Another name that score game for Johnny Manziel and the Aggies.”
- Post-game: The Ponies were buried by the end of the first quarter.