14 Thoughts is the Tidebits version of a PowerPoll…
14. Kentucky (previous 14) – How long until basketball season?
13. Tennessee (13) – The Vols did nothing against South Alabama to make us think they have a pulse.
12. Mississippi State (12) – Next up for the Dogs is LSU. Probably not a good week to be the MSU offense.
11. Vanderbilt (11) – Vandy can probably go bowling with a win this week against Missouri, but better safe than sorry.
10. Arkansas (10)- The Hogs continue their brutal stretch with a trip to Gainesville this week. We’ll see just how good this Arkansas offense really is after a match up with the Gator defense.
9. Auburn (9) – The season won’t turn on next week’s game against Ole Miss, but it should be an interesting game as the two hurry up no huddle offenses meet.
8. Missouri – (8) – The 4-0 Tigers face their first real test of the season this week against Vandy.
7. Florida (7) – The Gators start a tough little stretch themselves with games against Arkansas, LSU and Missouri up next.
6. Ole Miss (6) – Well, the Blacks Bears start 0-1 on their four game stretch of ‘Bama, Auburn, Texas A&M and LSU. This season’s about to get real for RBB fans.
5. South Carolina (5) – Connor Shaw is lost for a couple of weeks in the win over Central Florida. It won’t matter this week as the Gamecocks play Kentucky.
4. LSU (4) – The Tiger defense is gashed in their loss to Georgia. Something tells me it won’t be the last time this season.
3. Texas A&M (2) – The Aggies drop despite a win over Arkansas and have an off week before facing Ole Miss.
2. Georgia (3) – Well, the Dawgs made it out of September with that national title hopes still in place. They are probably the best team in the conference right now, but I can’t move the two-time defending champs down just yet.
1. Alabama (1) – The defense was good, the offense was bad. The offensive numbers should improve with next week’s win over Georgia State.