14 Thoughts is the Tidebits version of a PowerPoll…
14. Kentucky (previous 14) – Maybe the ‘Cats aren’t dead after all. Twenty-one fourth quarter points against South Carolina may indicate a pulse.
13. Mississippi State (12) – The Dogs were completely outmatched against the LSU defense, though the offense put up respectable numbers.
12. Tennessee (13) – The Vols showed up huge against Georgia. Is this the start of a trend? They have an off week to gear up for South Carolina and Alabama.
11. Vanderbilt (11) – The Dores have an off week before games against Georgia and Texas A&M. They’ll likely be 3-6 heading into their final three games. After Saturday’s performance by Kentucky and Tennessee, it’s not a given that Vandy will bowl this year.
10. Arkansas (10)- Things don’t get easier for the Hogs with a visit from South Carolina this week.
9. Ole Miss (6) – The Black Bears looked dysfunctional and unimaginative in their loss to Auburn. They gave Texas A&M a great game last year. Can they do it again? We’ll find out soon.
8. Auburn (9) – The Tigers are playing solid football and letting other teams find ways to lose. An 8-4 mark looks reasonable from here.
7. Missouri – (8) – Next up for the 5-0 Tigers is a visit to Georgia. They may be catching Georgia at a great time.
6. Florida (7) – Can anyone stop the LSU offense? The league-leading Gator defense will try next.
5. South Carolina (5) – Things are turning dramatic in Columbia with all eyes on Jadeveon Clowney – again. With the heart of conference play nearing the Gamecocks need Clowney to show up.
4. LSU (4) – Quarterback Zach Mettenberger is playing lights-out and gets a crack at the league-best Florida Gator defense this weekend.
3. Texas A&M (3) – The Aggies took a week off and visit Ole Miss this weekend.
2. Georgia (2) – The Dawgs flirted with disaster against UT before pulling out a win in overtime. Don’t forget, UGA played the lowly Vols following an emotional win over LSU.
1. Alabama (1) – Don’t look now, but the Tide defense has given up zero touchdowns in its last three games.