1) LSU 17 Florida 6 [Prediction: LSU 27 Florida 17]
Pre-game: “LSU’s offense hasn’t played a defense anywhere close to the quality of Florida’s. It shouldn’t matter, though, the Tiger’s high-powered offense won’t fly quite as high, but it will fly high enough to win.”
Post-game: The Gator defense may be as good as any in the country, but their offense is 13th in the SEC. That’s not good enough to beat LSU.
2) Missouri 41 Georgia 26 [Prediction: Georgia 35 Missouri 28]
Pre-game: “The Tigers catch Georgia at a wonderful time. Coming off of two big, emotional wins and playing without several offensive play makers will make the going a lot tougher for UGA.”
Post-game: Yes, Georgia played without several key players, but their defense is bad enough to get a team full of All-Americans beat.
3) Alabama 48 Kentucky 7 [Prediction: Alabama 38 Kentucky 10] –
Pre-game: “Is [this] the week Alabama’s offense clicks? It shouldn’t really matter against a Kentucky team that is statistically terrible.
Post-game: Yes, the ‘Bama offense clicked and yes, Kentucky is terrible.
4) South Carolina 52 Arkansas 7 [Prediction: South Carolina 27 Arkansas 24]
Pre-game: “Another great week seven match up. The Gamecocks are surrounded by drama, but keep winning. Arkansas isn’t a very good football team, but has made major strides toward being competitive under Bret Bielema.”
Post-game: I got the pick right, but my comments were just plain stupid.
5) Auburn 62 Western Carolina 3 [Prediction: Auburn 41 Western Carolina 17]
Pre-game: “The big question is whether Nick Marshall is healthy enough to play or if Armageddon will be unleashed upon the SEC via freshman quarterback Jeremy Johnson.”
Post-game: Auburn’s baaack, right?
6) Mississippi State 21 Bowling Green 20 [Prediction: Mississippi State 49 Bowling Green 24]
Pre-game: “The Dogs will be scratching for a bowl by the end of year, so this one matters.”
Post-game: A win’s a win, right?
7) Texas A&M 41 Ole Miss 38 [Prediction: Texas A&M 56 Ole Miss 24]
Pre-game: “On paper, this is another great week seven match up. In real life, it won’t be as good as Hugh Freeze’s Black Bears get sacked for the third straight week.”
Post-game: Another genius pick on my part.