14 Thoughts is the Tidebits version of a PowerPoll…
14. Kentucky (previous 14) – If the ‘Cats could be ranked lower, they would be.
13. Mississippi State (13) – A 21-20 win over Bowling Green won’t move you out of the 13th spot. Maybe the Dogs were looking ahead to an off week.
12. Arkansas (10)- The doors may be getting ready to fly off of Brett Bielema’s Hog machine. Things don’t get easier with a visit to Tuscaloosa this week.
11. Tennessee (12) – The Vols had an off week to get ready for South Carolina and a brutal stretch that also includes Alabama, Missouri and Auburn.
10. Vanderbilt (11) – Next up for Vandy is a reeling Georgia team.
9. Ole Miss (9) – Would the real Rebel Black Bear team stand up? Ugly losses to Alabama and Auburn followed by a not-so-ugly loss to Texas A&M makes one wonder just how bad the Black Bears really are.
8. Auburn (8) – The Tigers’ route to a special season in Gus Malzahn’s first year runs right through College Station.
7. Florida (6) – The Gator defense is for real, but the Gator offense stinks. Because of that, Florida could lose three or four more times this year.
6. Georgia (2) – The Dawgs are reeling. Injuries are one thing, but that horrible defense is another.
5. Missouri – (7) – The Tigers step up and beat Georgia, but lose James Franklin in the process. That stinks.
4. Texas A&M (3) – The Aggies win extremely unimpressively at Oxford. If they expect to back into the SEC title game, they’ll need to play better, starting this week against Auburn.
3. South Carolina (5) – A win this week against Missouri would force a three-way tie atop the SEC East.
2. LSU (4) – Florida was no problem for Les Miles’ bunch. Will the visit to Ole Miss this week for a night game be a trap?
1. Alabama (1) – The Tide defense is playing well and the offense seems to have found a groove. Arkansas and Tennessee are next up, but it’s hard not to look ahead to November 9th and a visit from LSU.