1) Missouri 21 Florida 17 – The Tigers kicked in the SEC East’s door last week only to lose their star quarterback in the process. It almost seems unfair. Part of me says Florida is too strong defensively and the Tigers will miss James Franklin too much. But another part of me says Gary Pinkel finds a way to win this game.
2) Georgia 38 Vanderbilt 33 – If the Dawgs get Todd Gurley back from injury and if the defense can play a tad better, UGA should win.
3) South Carolina 41 Tennessee 17 – Last time out, UT squeaked out a moral victory by forcing overtime against Georgia. The Gamecocks are a much better team right now than the Dawgs and should woodshed the Vols.
4) Alabama 41 Arkansas 13 – The Hogs are a bad football team and Alabama is a good football team. This is Arkansas’ eighth straight week with a game and their doors are close to being knocked off.
5) Texas A&M 38 Auburn 34 – The Tigers are looking for payback for last year’s 42 point loss. It should be closer, but Johnny Manziel means too much offense for the Auburn defense.
6) LSU 45 Ole Miss 24 – This is a good spot for the Black Bears to catch LSU – after the Florida game. The game should also tell us more about whether the Tiger defense has made some real progress or just feasted on the inept Gators.
There are a lot of good games this week. Enjoy!