14. Kentucky (previous 14) – A week off was certainly just fine by the Wildcats.
13. Arkansas (12)- The Razorbacks will most likely lose out with games against Auburn, Ole Miss, Mississippi State and LSU. That’s a tough way to end the season for Bret Bielema (or anyone).
12. Mississippi State (13) – One week is three points against world-famous defenders Oklahoma State and 62 points in another week. And then there’s a one-point win against Bowling Green. Who is this team?
11. Georgia (6) – “Injuries are one thing, but that horrible defense is another.” That’s what I wrote last week and it’s true, again. Against Vandy, throw in some noxious play calling and you have yourself a humiliating loss.
10. Tennessee (11) – The Vols are headed in the right direction under Butch Jones. A close loss to Georgia. A last-second win over South Carolina. And now a visit to Tuscaloosa.
9. Vanderbilt (10) – The Dores aren’t an outstanding team, but they are solid. If they can play just a tad of defense against Texas A&M, they may have a chance this week.
8. Florida (7) – I wonder how Florida fans will feel about their team (and coach) if they lose three or four more times this year? They may get the chance to think those thoughts.
7. Ole Miss (9) – “Would the real Rebel Black Bear team stand up?” True words, again. The RBBs used some Saturday night magic against 6th-ranked LSU to pull off a big upset. Right now, the Black Bears are pretty much guaranteed six wins. Missouri and Mississippi State in the last two games will determine if this season is, in fact, another step up for Ole Miss under Hugh Freeze.
6. Texas A&M (4) – The lack of any semblance of defense from the Aggies is disgusting.
5. South Carolina (3) – Forget all that talk about Atlanta. It ain’t happening this year.
4. LSU (2) – Saturday night’s loss to Ole Miss should not have happened. But that’s what happens when you turn the ball over and let teams think they have a chance.
3. Auburn (8) – Well, look who made a huge jump this week. Auburn’s in the same spot as Alabama after their win over A&M. Can you really feel good about winning when you gave up 602 yards of offense and the 615 yards you gained were against the worst defense in football?
2. Missouri – (5) – The Tigers are now atop the SEC East and are all but assured a spot in the championship game. Well done, Mizzou.
1. Alabama (1) – Funny how things change in a week. Tide fans are a little more worried about next week and the Iron Bowl and a little less worried about November 9th and LSU.