Last week was a tough one and the winning percentage dipped en route to a 61-9 record…
1) Mississippi State 31 Kentucky 17 – Surely the Wildcats will rebound following a bye week and giving up 104 points in their last two games.
2) South Carolina 34 Missouri 30 – The Gamecocks played lackluster, uninspired football against Tennessee last week, and lost. Missouri is plowing through their own version of Murderer’s Row. Though they’re playing at Mizzou, I expect the Tigers to come back closer to Earth this week.
3) Alabama 35 Tennessee 17 – The Vols are showing some fight this year and are headed in the right direction under Butch Jones. The problem is, they don’t have the horses to run up front. Alabama does. This one may be close at the half, but the Tide will pull away.
4) Texas A&M 38 Vanderbilt 37 – This one should include a with or without Johnny Manziel caveat. I’m guessing he doesn’t play, but that the Aggies’ defense will hang with the Dores better than they did against Auburn.
5) Auburn 41 Florida Atlantic 17 – Carl Pelini thinks the Owls can hang with Auburn. He’s wrong.
6) LSU 48 Furman 6 – Woe be unto the Paladins following LSU’s upset loss to Ole Miss. Whatever a Paladin is.
7) Ole Miss 59 Idaho 24 – The Rebel Black Bears should fry Idaho. (Get it?)