* To make matters worse, LSU is 12th in turnover margin (-.22).
* However, as most know by now, Tiger quarterback Zach Mettenberger has improved greatly – at least statistically – from 2012. Mettenberger throws for 276.9 yards per game while completing 65.4% of his passes. He’s also tossed 19 touchdowns against only seven interceptions.
* Five of Mettenberger’s seven picks, though, have come in the last two games.
* LSU ranks only seventh in the league in rushing (200.56 yards per game), but that’s a bit deceiving. Tiger runner Jeremy Hill ranks second in the league with 922 yards rushing and averages 7.22 yards a pop. He’s also scored 12 touchdowns on the ground.
* Want to know what makes Florida’s offense so bad? The Gators rank last in the conference in red zone conversions (70.97%) and have scored on 22 out of 31 attempts (14 touchdowns, eight field goals).
* Conference leader Auburn has scored at an 89.19% clip (27 touchdowns, six field goals).
* Alabama has allowed the fewest sacks in the league so far this year (7) with only one of those coming in conference play.
* If it seems like ‘Bama has had more penalties this year, it’s true. Last year, the Tide averaged only 3.9 penalties per game to lead the league. This year, Alabama is averaging 5.0 per game (and that’s with at least one penalty free game).