* Everybody seems to think offense is up in the league this year. Here’s more data to support that notion…Last year, Tennessee averaged 475.9 yards per game, good for second in the league. This year, that total would have been good for fifth in the conference.
* This year’s worst offense, Florida (335.7) is actually averaging a full 1.7 more yards per game than last year’s Gators who finished 12th in the league.
* Are stats for losers? Well, some are. Alabama is ranked ninth in the league in yards per game with 452.7. How many teams in the league would love to have the Tide’s offense, just like it is? The answer: most all.
* ‘Bama’s AJ McCarron is ranked third in the conference with a quarterback rating of 169.06. Johnny Manziel (186.86) and Zach Mettenberger (176.60) rank ahead of McCarron.
* Alabama’s Christion Jones still leads the SEC in average return yardage per kickoff with 31.07.
* Auburn running back Corey Grant averages a gaudy 10.08 yards per carry on 50 attempts.
* So goes Connor Shaw so goes the Gamecocks. South Carolina’s senior quarterback has a quarterback rating of 164.14 and has tossed 18 touchdown passes against only one interception. He’s also run for 375 yards.