1) South Carolina 19 Florida 14 [Prediction: South Carolina 34 Florida 20]
- Pre-game: “There’s just not much going right for Florida right now. The Gamecocks still have a lot on the line and I don’t see them letting up here.”
- Post-game: Florida showed a bit of fight, but not enough to keep them from loss number six.
2) Auburn 43 Georgia 38 [Prediction: Georgia 31 Auburn 30]
- Pre-game: “It’s the same old tune for Georgia. If Todd Gurley plays and their defense show up occasionally, the Dawgs can win.”
- Post-game: This was a classic in the same way that Nightmare of Elm Street was a classic. Dawg fans will have nightmares for years over this game.
3) Vanderbilt 22 Kentucky 6 [Prediction: Vanderbilt 35 Kentucky 27]
- Pre-game: “A win over the ‘Cats makes the ‘Dores bowl eligible – with two games left to play. For Vandy, that’s big.”
- Post-game: An ugly game, but a Vandy win.
4) Alabama 20 Mississippi State 7 [Prediction: Alabama 40 Mississippi State 10]
- Pre-game: “This is a great spot for the Tide to fall asleep, but I wouldn’t count on it.”
- Post-game: Er, well, maybe the Tide was a wee bit sleepy.
5) Ole Miss 51 Troy 21 [Prediction: Ole Miss 52 Troy 17]
- Pre-game: “If Mississippi State can score 62 on the Trojans, surely the Black Bears can get into the 50s.”
- Post-game: The RBBs did indeed get it into the 50s.