1) Florida 30 Georgia Southern 10 – The Gators’ bowl hopes will remain alive after beating the Eagles.
2) Georgia 42 Kentucky 28 – How will the Dawgs respond after an excruciating loss at Auburn? Don’t know, but thankfully they are playing woeful, but improving Kentucky.
3) Missouri 38 Ole Miss 28 – This match up between the 9-1 Tigers and the 7-3 Black Bears is essentially a quarterfinals game for Mizzou in the SEC playoff bracket. Win and they must beat Texas A&M next week to reach the finals.
4) South Carolina 41 Coastal Carolina 20 – The Gamecocks vs. Chanticleers. This is just a match up of fancy chickens, folks. Either way, Carolina wins.
5) Vanderbilt 17 Tennessee 16 – The Commodores are already bowl-eligible, but the Volunteers only have four wins and need this one bad. Won’t matter. Vandy’s just a better team right now.
6) Alabama 49 Chattanooga 3 – This one’s all about keeping folks healthy and getting the young ‘uns some playing time.
7) Texas A&M 47 LSU 46 – The Aggies live for games like this and the Tiger offense can score a lot of points. Should be a good one.
8) Mississippi State 20 Arkansas 17 – State, like Florida and Tennessee, has run out of wiggle room. Beat the Hogs and the bowl hopes are alive. Lose and the Egg Bowl will be the season-ender.