What a weird week of games and results, or in Florida’s case, no results. So far, the tally for week one is 6-4, which is, in a word, brutal. This is probably the worst week for picks in the history of this blog, but at least Bama won.
1) Florida, Idaho – suspended, whatever that means [Prediction: Florida 45, Idaho 6]
- Pre-game: “Look for the new Gator offense to get off to a good start against the Vandals.”
- Post-game: Not sure yet how or when this one will be resolved.
2) Georgia 45, Clemson 21 [Prediction: Georgia 33, Clemson 28]
- Pre-game: “Hutson Mason and Todd Gurley get the Dawgs off to a hot start.”
- Post-game: Gurley ran wild and the Dawg defense stiffened in the second half.
3) Kentucky 59, UT-Martin 14 [Prediction: Kentucky 27, UT-Martin 14]
- Pre-game: “Mark Stoops gets the Wildcats off to a good start with a not-as-easy-as-it-looks win against the Skyhawks.”
- Post-game: A good start for the Wildcats as they didn’t mess around with UT-Martin.
4) Texas A&M 52, South Carolina 28 [Prediction: South Carolina 35, Texas A&M 34]
- Pre-game: “The post-Johnny Manziel era is off to a losing start for Kevin Sumlin’s Aggies.”
- Post-game: The post-Johnny Manziel era may be better than the actually Johnny Manziel era.
5) Tennessee 38, Utah State 7 [Prediction: Tennessee 28, Utah State 27]
- Pre-game: “This isn’t an easy out for the Volunteers, but then again, there haven’t been a lot of those lately anyway.”
- Post-game: The Vols win impressively over a Utah State team that is supposed to be decent.
6) Temple 37, Vanderbilt 7 [Prediction: Vanderbilt 24, Temple 23]
- Pre-game: “The Derrick Mason regime begins with a win over the Owls.”
- Post-game: The Mason era is off to an abysmal start.
7) Alabama 33, West Virginia 23 [Prediction: Alabama 27, West Virginia 13]
- Pre-game: “This game won’t be as close as the score, but the Tide offense will struggle a bit.”
- Post-game: The Tide needed all that Blake Sims and the offense could muster as the defense looked soft.
8) Auburn 45, Arkansas 21 [Prediction: Auburn 44, Arkansas 28]
- Pre-game: “Different year, same song for the Hogs.”
- Post-game: Pretty much what I thought.
9) LSU 28, Wisconsin 24 [Prediction: Wisconsin 27, LSU 24]
- Pre-game: “A tough opener for the Tigers means a tough loss in Houston.”
- Post-game: For LSU, I suppose an ugly win is better than a pretty loss.
10) Mississippi State 49, Southern Miss 0 [Prediction: Mississippi State 31, Southern Miss 17]
- Pre-game: “Dan Mullen’s Dogs get an easy win over the Golden Eagles.”
- Post-game: Mullen’s Dogs cruise against a very bad Southern Miss squad.
11) Ole Miss 35, Boise State 13 [Prediction: Boise State 31, Ole Miss 30]
- Pre-game: “A rough start to the season for Hugh Freeze’s Rebel Black Bears.”
- Post-game: The Black Bears finished strong against over matched Boise.