We head into the bye week with a 34-7 record…
1) Georgia 27, Tennessee 24 – The Vols had an off week to lick their wounds following their loss to Oklahoma. We’ll see if it pays dividends.
2) Kentucky 31, Vanderbilt 28 – This should be a hard-fought contest as wins will be few and far between for these two teams.
3) South Carolina 35, Missouri 31 – The Gamecocks aren’t impressing anyone and that includes their coach. But the ‘Cocks may just struggle their way all the way to Atlanta this year.
4) Texas A&M 42, Arkansas 24 – The Hogs are improved and their run game will slow the Aggies, but not not enough to pull out a win.
5) Auburn 45, Louisiana Tech 24 – The Tigers rebound from a close call at K-State with an easy win over the Bulldogs.
6) LSU 48, New Mexico State 6 – What better way to rebound from a loss to Mississippi State than to play an out of conference patsy?
7) Ole Miss 37, Memphis 17 – The Rebel Black Bears tune up for Alabama with an easy win over the Tigers.