A 7-0 week and a total record of 32-6.
Alabama 38, Arkansas 14 [Prediction: Alabama 27, Arkansas 17]
- Pre-game: – Alabama’s offense will be a little better against Arkansas’ defense than Arkansas’ offense is against Alabama’s defense. Get that?
- Post-game: The Razorbacks come back to earth after being dominated in all parts of the game.
Auburn 30, Florida Atlantic 14 [Prediction: Auburn 52, Florida Atlantic 31] –
- Pre-game: The Owls make Gene Chizik’s Tigers feel a little better before a rough October begins.
- Post-game: The Tigers struggled more than expected and now comes the long October.
LSU 47, West Virginia 21 [Prediction: LSU 31, West Virginia 14]
- Pre-game: LSU finishes a tough September by using a familiar formula to beat the Mountaineers: pound the rock and play defense.
- Post-game: Though the Mountaineers shredded the LSU defense statistically, this game was never in doubt.
Georgia 27, Ole Miss 13 [Prediction: Georgia 38, Ole Miss 21]
- Pre-game: If Vandy can whip the Black Bears, so can Georgia.
- Post-game: This game wasn’t in doubt either. Three missed field goals for the Bulldogs make this game seem closer than it really was.
Mississippi State 26, Louisiana Tech 20 [Prediction: Mississippi State 42, Louisiana Tech 17]
- Pre-game: Dan Mullen’s Bulldogs move back down in class and whip La Tech.
- Post-game: Perhaps State was over hyped a bit to start the season?
Florida 48, Kentucky 10 [Prediction: Florida 49, Kentucky 6]
- Pre-game: Florida builds momentum heading into Bama week.
- Post-game: I nearly pegged this one. Kentucky stinks.
South Carolina 21, Vanderbilt 3 [Prediction: South Carolina 35, Vanderbilt 10]
- Pre-game: Vandy returns to Earth and the Gamecocks get back on track.
- Post-game: The Gamecocks stunk up the joint on offense, but held the Commodores to 77 total yards of offense.
- Pre-game: UT uses their off week to prepare for Buffalo.
- Post-game: Head coach Derek Dooley used his Satuday off to hang out with Tim Brando and did a nice job.