1) Georgia 23 Florida 20 [Prediction: Georgia 24 Florida 21]
- Pre-game: “It’s strength-on-strength, sort of, in Jacksonville this Saturday. With Todd Gurley back, at least the Dawgs will have one weapon this week.”
- Post-game: Gurley was just enough to squeak the Dawgs to a win.
2) Kentucky 48 Alabama State 14 [Prediction: Kentucky 31 Alabama State 20]
- Pre-game: “Win number two should come this week for the ‘Cats.”
- Post-game: Enjoy win numbers two, Kentucky. It’s likely your last one until next year.
3) Missouri 31 Tennessee 3 [Prediction: Missouri 34 Tennessee 24]
- Pre-game: “The Tigers are a better team and should win this home game, but UT is improving and should show better than they did last Saturday in Tuscaloosa.”
- Post-game: There wasn’t a sign of the mid season momentum for the Vols. Bowling now is in serious doubt.
4) South Carolina 34 Mississippi State 16 [Prediction: South Carolina 38 Mississippi State 21]
- Pre-game: “If the Gamecocks have any nine lives, they’ve probably used eight. They probably won’t need the last one against State.”
- Post-game: Carolina keeps its SEC East hopes alive with an easy win over the Dogs.
5) Auburn 35 Arkansas 17 [Prediction: Auburn 44 Arkansas 14]
- Pre-game: “Some coaches just have the knack for insulting other teams just enough to get hammered. I think maybe Bret Bielema has that knack.”
- Post-game: The Hogs didn’t get hammered, for sure, and played a bit better. Key mistakes, questionable play calling and a keen ability to not tackle Auburn’s ball carriers until they were at least eight yards down field all helped get the Pigs beaten.
6) Texas A&M 57 UTEP 7 [Prediction: Texas A&M 63 UTEP 31]
- Pre-game: “The big question here is how far into the second half Johnny Manziel plays.”
- Post-game: Don’t look now but the Aggies have put together decent defensive games in succession. No, don’t ask who they played.