It was feel-good Saturday in the SEC, for everyone except Vandy, that is. Three shutouts and five teams score more than 50 points…and Tide Bits goes 12-0 to improve the record the 18-4…
1) Florida 65, Eastern Michigan 0 [Prediction: Florida 38, Eastern Michigan 7]
- Pre-game: “The Eagles will travel all the way from Ypsilanti, Michigan for this beat down. I like typing that, Ypsilanti.”
- Post-game: The Gators dominated in their second try at a season opener.
2) Kentucky 20, Ohio 3 [Prediction: Kentucky 28, Ohio 20]
- Pre-game: “The Wildcats handled UT-Martin impressively last week and coach Mark Stoops looks to make it two in a row over the Bobcats.”
- Post-game: Stoops’ has his gang at 2-0 and ready to face the Gators next week.
3) Missouri 49, Toledo 24 [Prediction: Missouri 45, Toledo 24]
- Pre-game: “The Tigers have no trouble with former Alabama quarterback Phillip Ely and the Rockets.”
- Post-game: Almost nailed this one.
4) South Carolina 33, East Carolina 23 [Prediction: South Carolina 24, Eastern Carolina 17]
- Pre-game: “The Gamecocks are looking for their first win, but it won’t come easy over the Pirates.”
- Post-game: The ‘Cocks rough early season schedule continues, but with a win over ECU.
5) Tennessee 34, Arkansas State 19 [Prediction: Tennessee 28, Arkansas State 27 ]
- Pre-game: “The Vols hope to avoid a letdown against the fast-paced Red Wolves.”
- Post-game: The preseason is over for Tennessee as Oklahoma looms next week.
6) Ole Miss 41, Vanderbilt 3 [Prediction: Ole Miss 41, Vanderbilt 10]
- Pre-game: “Vandy’s miserable season continues with this beat down by the Rebel Black Bears.”
- Post-game: Almost nailed this one part two, except Vandy stinks worse than originally thought.
7) Alabama 41, Florida Atlantic 0 [Prediction: Alabama 44, Florida Atlantic 3]
- Pre-game: “FAU will need a miracle to get by the Tide in Tuscaloosa.”
- Post-game: The only miracle in this one was that the game ended early.
8) Arkansas 73, Nichols 7 [Prediction: Arkansas 38, Nichols
State 17 –
- Pre-game: “Did you know the mascot for Nichols State was the Colonels? Me neither until typing this post.”
- Post-game: Excuse me, but there’s no more State in Nichols State.
9) Auburn 59, San Jose State 13 [Prediction: Auburn 56, San Jose State 10]
- Pre-game: “Another easy win for everyone on the Gus Bus.”
- Post-game: Auburn rolls along with no trouble.
10) LSU 56, Sam Houston State 0 [Prediction: LSU 37, Sam Houston State 3]
- Pre-game: Who knew that Sam Houston had his own state? I certainly didn’t.
11) Mississippi State 47, UAB 34 [Prediction: Mississippi State 38, UAB 7]
- Pre-game: “The Blazers come back to earth after a trip to Starkville.”
- Post-game: Apparently it was the Dogs coming back to earth and not the Blazers.
12) Texas A&M 73, Lamar 3 [Prediction: Texas A&M 63, Lamar 0]
- Pre-game: “The Aggies will continue to pad their stats on both sides of the ball in this one.”
- Post-game: The Aggies padded their stats on both sides in this one.